Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Coming VERY Soon!

On December 1, I said I was going to begin a music blog in a month. I'm on schedule for a January 2, 2008 launch. Today and on Saturday, my posting days, I will give you a bit of background on the subject matter of this blog.

In the 1960s, I received many 45s as gifts. They were often radio-station discards, 45s that had sat in the regular bins for a long time, or label cutouts. As such, they tended not to be hits, and many of the artists (and labels) were heard from just once.

While I will focus on the really obscure songs I own, the overall concept of the blog is to explore my musical formation via vinyl I owned and played from the time I was two years old. You can hear how much I loved playing records when I was very young if you check out this clip.

I'll tell you a bit more about why this music matters to me on Saturday. See you then!

caithiseach

No comments: